Herbal Treatment For Fatty Liver Disease
A fatty liver is the result of accumulation of excess fat in the liver cells. Fatty tissue slowly builds up in the liver, on account of excess amount of fat in a person's diet. A person is said to have a fatty liver, when fat makes up at least 5-10% of the liver. Simple fatty liver does not lead to liver damage. But, once there is a buildup of fat, the liver becomes vulnerable to further injury and may result in inflammation. Globally, millions of people are addicted to alcohol and more than 90% of these people develop fatty livers. It has been reported that fatty liver can occur after drinking moderate or large amounts of alcohol. The other factors for developing alcoholic fatty liver disease include infection due to Hepatitis C, an overload of iron, obesity and diet. On the other hand, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease is now the most common cause of chronic liver disease. People with excess fat in the liver simply have a fatty liver.
According to current data, more than 50% of people are overweight and it is further estimated that 75% of these individuals are at risk of developing a fatty liver. Symptoms of fatty liver indicate that the liver is damaged. In the damaged liver, liver cells and the entire liver become saturated with fat causing the liver to become slightly enlarged and heavier in size. The patients suffer from dull pain in the right upper abdominal area. Other symptoms may include a constant feeling of fatigue and weakness, nausea, jaundiced skin, flatulence, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and an inability to lose weight. Since fatty liver is a slow developing disease, and eventually it can lead to liver inflammation, liver cancer, complete liver failure and even death in some severe cases.
There are no conventional means to repair or reverse the damage caused on account of fatty liver. Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease wasn't considered a serious health hazard, but today it affects a majority of people worldwide. Reports further indicate that more than 80-90% of sufferers will develop a significant form of liver disease, and it could even progress to liver cirrhosis. This is a very serious condition of liver and medical professionals are engaged in extensive research so as to find a suitable treatment and also to find out the actual root cause of the problem. The chemotherapeutic drugs associated with treating a fatty liver come with heavy costs. Some of these drugs include cholesterol lowering drugs which can exert toxic side-effects on the liver cells.
There is a more advanced approach that suggests a specially developed diet as a precise treatment for fatty liver. The main aim is to cleanse the inner system and boost the body's immune system. This diet provides the body with the necessary materials to actually reverse the accumulated fat in the liver and begin its normal functioning. However, the treatment of fatty liver generally depends only if implemented at an early stage.
The treatment of fatty liver is more related to its cause. Avoiding or eliminating use of alcohol can improve fatty liver and due to alcohol toxicity. Also, control of blood sugar may reduce the severity of fatty liver in patients suffering from diabetes.
As per Ayurveda, natural treatment comprises of herbs and these herbal remedies help to detoxify the liver. The herbal treatment of fatty liver varies from person to person and depends on the severity of the condition. As the liver cleanses out toxins from the body, the herbal remedies help to detoxify the liver and prevent it from malfunctioning. The other steps to fatty liver cure include modification of lifestyle and diet. Most ayurvedic physicians recommend a well-balanced vegetarian diet as the most suitable diet plan for reversing the symptoms of fatty liver.
Yakrit Plihantak Churna - Herbal Cure for Liver Problems
Yakrit Plihantak Churna is a herbal mixture of rare herbs to improve liver function. It helps the liver in clearing away the toxins. It regenerates the liver cells and prevents liver failure. It is useful in liver cirrhosis, jaundice, liver damage due to alcohol, toxins and infection. The herb Katuki increases the bile production whereas Makoye, Bhringraj and Kalmegh improve liver function. Punarnava and Bhumi amla regenerate liver cells and are useful in liver enlargement and inflammation. Giloy is immunomodulator and corrects liver metabolism. The combination of herbs is a wonderful remedy for all liver problems.*
Herbs in Yakrit-Plihantak Churna: Yakritplihantak Churna is purely an herbal formulation without any chemicals added into it. The ingredients are frequently used in Ayurvedic system of medicine since 5,000 B.C. without any side effects.
Dosage and Methods of Administration
1/2 to 1 teaspoonful twice daily, with plain water or fruit juice, after meals.
Yakrit Plihantak Churna
Ingredients in Yakrit Plihantak Churna
Yakrit pllihantak has one of the rarest combination of Ayurveda herbs, which are very useful herbs for liver detoxification. This is an ancient and effective herbal formula for liver detox. It removes excessive fat from the liver and helps in regeneration of the damaged liver cells. It helps in so many metabolic and hormonal imbalances as liver is the seat of metabolism in the body. It is useful in disturbed hormones. That is why it is not only effective in liver disorders but also very effective in diabetes, with Madhumehantak Churna or Diabetes Support capsules.
The ingredients in Yakrit Plihantak Churna are unique in thier action and truly called 'Divine' herbs. The ingredients are -
1. Bhumi Amla - Bhumiamla or Phyllanthus niruri is an extensively researched herb, found to be very effective natural treatment for Hepatitis B and other forms of Hepatitis. Phyllanthus niruri is grows in rainy areas, where humidity level is high. It is widely growing in tropical countries. Many age old herbal healers use Bhumi amla as a remedy for liver and kidney failure. It clears away the toxins from the body, detox the liver and brings down the SGOT and SGPT levels drastically within 3-4 days of regular use. The jaundice disappears within 4-5 days and the bilirubin levels in the blood also come down remarkably. It regenerates liver cells and cures liver failure.So In my opinion, Yakrit Plihantak Churna must be used in almost every liver problem, for preventive as well as therapeutic use. It is also present in Kidney Support and Mutrakrichantak Churna for Kidney problems.
2.Katuki - It is known as Picrorrhiza kurro and is the most effective of all herbs to correct metabolism going on within the liver. It clears away the excessive fat deposited in liver, it increases the production and excretion of bile and is effective gall bladder cleanser. If regularly used, this can also clear away gall bladder stones. It aids in digestion, helps in fat metabolism. A very famous traditional medicine Arogyavardhni Vati also contains Kutki in it as its major ingredient. It is also present in Stholyantak Churna, which is highly effective natural solution to loose weight.
3. Makoy - Popular as Solanum indicum is a plant of Solanaceae family. It is a small growing weed like herb. It has amazing liver healing properties. It helps in bringing down alkaline phosphatase, useful in alcoholic liver damage, fatty liver, and hepatitis of all types. It also aids in regeneration of liver cells quickly.
4. Punarnava - Punarnava (Boerrhavia diffusa) is a natural diuretic herb. It removes excess of fat, water from within the body. It rejuvenates kidneys and liver, that's why the name is punarnava (Puna- means again, nava means new). It makes the body new again. Punarnava removes excessive fluid from the body, which is a feature of ascites due to liver or kidney failure. It also helps in regeneration of liver cells and natural remedy to balance albumin/globulin ration in the blood. It is also effective in urinary tract infections, nephrotic syndrome, nephrosis, kidney failure. It is also persent in Mutrakrichantak Churna which is useful in kidney and urinary problems.
5. Kalmegh- Andrographis paniculata is another herbal remedy for liver problems, fatty liver, hepatitis and alcoholc liver disease. People in India, use decoction of this herb as an effective natural solution for liver disesaes. It removes accumulated toxins from within the liver and contains alkaloids which help in immediate regeneration of damaged liver cells. It can be taken in routine without any side effects. A lot of farmers are now growing Kalmegh instead of wheat in India, as there is increased demand of this herb worldwide. No liver formula is consider complete without Kalmegh as its ingredient..
6. Kaasni- Cichorium intybus or Chicory bears unique divine healing power to cure the worst liver and kidney failure as well. It can prevent going through dialysis and purifies the blood. Chicory is popular worldwide for its healing effect on kidney and liver. Kidney support or Mutrakrichantak Churna can be combined with Yakritplihantak Churna just to increase the dosage of Chicory. This combination is not only useful in kidney failure but also liver failure.
7. Sharpunkha - It is most effective herbal remedy for enlarged liver and spleen due to any reason. It is a natural alkaliser, decreases acidity and gas due to liver problem. It regenerates the capacity of the spleen to hold blood. It helps in regenration of liver cells.
8. Bhringraj - Eclipta alba is generally used for hair problems as an ancient ayurvedic remedy for hair loss. Bhringraj Oil is very famous for local application on hair to prevent hair loss. It has also been recommended in Ayurveda to use powder of the herb for liver diseases in many ancient texts. Latest research on Bhringraj indicats that it has amazing power to regenerate liver cells. It is helpful in alcoholic liver disease, fatty liver, liver damage due to any other reason or excessive toxins.
EventsAyurveda Lecturer in Europe
Date : 28th-29th Nov, 2015
Date : 16th-27th June, 2015
Ayurveda - God's
This book on Ayurveda is meant for people interested to know about basics concepts of Ayurvedic healing and learn ayurveda concepts. Though there are many books Read More
Connect with us